Protomen - the Comm Forum Index
<  We Are The Dead  ~  will of one in old nes game music?
Zero X
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:37 am  Reply with quote

Dethklokso wrote:
Arcane Static wrote:
Does that mean that the original poster was mistaken when he mentioned it being an old recording of his from long ago?
yea, "TASTYVEIN" is an anagram of "VANITY SET" we were fooled lol. man this thread brings back weird memories...

Just found out about the band last night (call me a late bloomer), joined the forums over 3 hours ago, and this was the first thread I read. Even though my girlfriend is going to KILL me for staying up so late, I can honestly say I read every single post (skimmed pages 10-11 or so), and am thoroughly impressed at the craftsmanship and dedication of the band members!

Out of curiosity's sake, what was the final bit of evidence that gave it away before everyone figured out the "tastyvein" anagram?

I just have one final question: did TGD ever get his Protomen tattoo that he promised? lol

I'm going to go blink for the first time in 4 hours now. Night guys, happy to be on the board!
Mike-Towns
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:12 pm  Reply with quote

THAT was awesome.
Dethklokso
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:05 pm  Reply with quote

Zero X wrote:

Out of curiosity's sake, what was the final bit of evidence that gave it away before everyone figured out the "tastyvein" anagram?

I think it was the bits of the album cover we were given over myspace, combined with the 525-sea picture (the red tape) if you look on the computer in the background of the tape picture you can see the edge of the final cover. then things started falling into place Smile ah the ripe old days of 07

Chamethrawer Squadron: The Architect
redfox1160
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:01 am  Reply with quote

Zero X wrote:
Dethklokso wrote:
Arcane Static wrote:
Does that mean that the original poster was mistaken when he mentioned it being an old recording of his from long ago?
yea, "TASTYVEIN" is an anagram of "VANITY SET" we were fooled lol. man this thread brings back weird memories...

Just found out about the band last night (call me a late bloomer), joined the forums over 3 hours ago, and this was the first thread I read. Even though my girlfriend is going to KILL me for staying up so late, I can honestly say I read every single post (skimmed pages 10-11 or so), and am thoroughly impressed at the craftsmanship and dedication of the band members!

I just have one final question: did TGD ever get his Protomen tattoo that he promised? lol

I'm going to go blink for the first time in 4 hours now. Night guys, happy to be on the board!

This is the first post I read when I became a member of the forum as well.
soyenhighmount
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:06 am  Reply with quote

Dethklokso wrote:
ah the ripe old days of 07

My, were we young whippersnappers back then...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:29 am  Reply with quote

soyenhighmount wrote:
Dethklokso wrote:
ah the ripe old days of 07

My, were we young whippersnappers back then...

I'm not sure if that makes you wise old men or wily old fossils

(pun intended)
Lasergoose
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:39 am  Reply with quote

This was one of the first things I read. It threw me off at first. I was amused to learn that I was reading a mystery that had already been solved.

Erie_Kazamura
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:11 pm  Reply with quote

You should all be proud to know that years later, in 2009, those only newly inducted in the joy and rapture of The Protomen still read and learn from the history of this group and their estimable followers.

--

Heh. Really. I was all wtf? but then I lol'd.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ShadeNocturne
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:19 am  Reply with quote

Congrats on this elaborate ruse.
Minirogue
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:36 pm  Reply with quote

Location: Behind you...don't bother looking over your shoulder, because I'm on the other side

Ha, after the Tastyvein/Vanity Set thing, I started looking for anagrams in everything I saw...I was slightly paranoid that there were hidden messages everywhere

TDG
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:39 pm  Reply with quote

Zero X wrote:
Dethklokso wrote:
Arcane Static wrote:

I assume you mean me, since that sounds like the kind of rash comment I would make...and to answer your question, yes.
As long as there are no follow-up questions. Wink

UnicornJesus
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:52 pm  Reply with quote

Wow, I'm glad I picked this thread to be the first to read. I am surprised that it took 22 pages to finally find out what the announcement was though, but I guess that's my fault for being a noob. XD

Well played Protomen, well played.

jimbo1983
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:38 am  Reply with quote

I'm new to this forum and started reading this thread... i got to around page 4 and i immediately went to the last page and have found out the truth lol. if i had spent the months you guys had, i probably would've gone crazy
Steamlord D
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:57 pm  Reply with quote

XD I'm another n00b who decided to read this first. All of it. I dl'ed/listened to the clip, and I was like "DUDE WTF IT'S MAKEUP AND VANITY SET." I felt ridiculously dumb at the end lool.
Xanza781
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:30 am  Reply with quote

This is the last time I read a thread this long.